French Green Bean Sauted Salad
French Green Bean Sauteed Salad
Here’s a delicious salad made in your skillet with common ingredients that is very colorful and beautiful on your table.
1 lb. fresh French style green beans
1 orange bell pepper, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 T. olive oil
¼ t. cumin
¼ t. jalapeno powder (or red pepper flakes)
¼ t. cilantro, dried
¼ t. salt
¼ t. black pepper
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water until they are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain using a colander.
- Put the oil, cumin, jalapeno powder/pepper, dried cilantro, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil and spice mixture over medium heat. I love to you my Papered Chef Skillet for sauteed items.
- Add the diced bell pepper, sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans and items from a small bowl, sauté for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and move the pan to a cold burner on the stove.
- Add diced tomatoes, toss and serve.
NOTE: Gluten-free as written, as long as no additives or cross contamination. Vegetables are gluten-free.
I offer this salad and dressing recipe free to those in need.
I enjoy getting questions and comments from my site visitors, you can leave yours below – shirley