Wilted Spinach and Egg Salad – a Warm Treat
Warm Wilted Spinach and Egg Salad
Here’s another warm salad with spinach as the base. We loved it
Package of Baby Spinach Leaves
4 hard boiled eggs
Grape Tomatoes about 1.5 cups
Small container of mashed alvocado (I use “wholly Guacamole” brand)
Small package of prechopped walnuts
Crumbled Feta Cheese – 1 cup
Olive oil – 2-3 tablespoons
- Cutting board
- Cutting knife – (I use my Cutco 6-3/4″ Petite Carver)
- Salad chopper – I use my Pampered Chef Salad Chopper
- Cooking Ladle with drain holes – (I use a silicon, heat-resistant, non-stick set)
- Serving bowl – 1
- Dinner plates – 2
- Forks – 2 forks
- Place baby spinach leaves in a skillet with heated olive oil. Chop them smaller if you like.
- Stir and heat until leaves are warm and wilted looking.
- Placed wilted warm spinach leaves in a serving bowl.
- Add grape tomatoes (either whole or chopped as you desire)
- Add feta cheese and walnuts and olive oil and mix together
- Slice hard boiled eggs and add the slices on top of the salad.
- Spoon several spoonfuls of the mashed alvacodo on top.
- Serve while still warm.
Makes 3-4 servings of salad
I served this salad with baked cod and bacon wrapped asparagus.
I offer this salad and dressing recipe free to those in need.
I enjoy getting questions and comments from my site visitors, you can leave yours below – shirley