Cucumber and Tomato Salad – my style
My Cucumber and Tomato Salad
I still had some baby spinach left to use in my refrigerator, so I decided to create a salad with stuff I had left in my frig. It turned out to be a fairly basic green salad but still very good. I’m loving having these salads with my meals. It helps me get my veggies into my diet. I also have found a nice ranch dressing also that is low carb and I’m enjoying using a prepared dressing.
- Spinach leaves organic washed
- Cucumbers 1 large, sliced into round
- Grape tomatoes, sliced in half – 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese, about 1/2 cup
- Blueberries – about 1/3 cup
- Olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons
- Ranch dressing 2-6 tablespoons
- Cutting board
- Cutting knife – (I use my Cutco 6-3/4″ Petite Carver)
- Mixing Bowl with a sealable lid.
- Regular large Spoon to mix (I have a slotted one I use)
*note, you can go to my Pampered Chef store and purchase your own great kitchen tools like my salad choppers.
- Take washed spinach leaves and place in mixing bowl.
- Toss in sliced cucumbers, along with sliced grape tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad and shake to distribute oil.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over mix.
- Add 2-6 tablespoons of ranch dressing.
- Right before serving seal with lid and shake to mix cheese and other ingredients well.
- Keep cool until time to serve.
- You can add more dressing if desired.
Makes about 3 bowls of salad. Be sure and shake sealed bowl well to mix before serving from it.
I served this salad with baked cod nuggets and fire roasted vegetables from Schwans.
I offer this salad recipe free to those in need.
I enjoy getting comments and questions. Please leave yours below. – Shirley
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a purchase made, I receive a small commission (with no extra cost to you).