A Tropical Salad
Tropical “Dessert” Salad
I was ready for a different kind of salad, so I created this “tropical dessert” salad for a different taste. I used Kale as the green for this one. I also created a sweet dressing to put in it.
I wanted to add Kiwi also but forgot to pick them up when I was shopping for the ingredients.
I served this with crab cakes and wine for my husband and some neighbor buddies of ours.
- Kale, chopped -3-4 cups
- Pineapple rings, rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces – 1cup (I used 1 can)
- Grape tomatoes washed and sliced in half- 1/3 cup
- Roma Tomatoes – washed and sliced into rounds – 2
- Strawberries washed and sliced -1 cup
- Blueberries washed -1 cup
- Orange peeled and cut into pieces – 1
- Olive oil – 2-3 tablespoons
- Shredded Coconut 1-2 tablespoons for each individual salad serving
- Slivered almonds. Small pkg
- Lime and lemon juice 2-3 tablespoons fresh or from squeeze bulbs
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cutting board
- Cutting knife – (I use my Cutco 6-3/4″ Petite Carver)
- A large mixing Bowl with a sealable lid.
- Regular large Spoon to mix (I have a stainless steel slotted one I use)
- Pampered chef salad cutter
- Chop kale and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix.
- Cut all fruit into bite-size pieces except blueberries and put in separate mixing bowl and mix together.
- Mix (mix well) greek yogurt with lemon and lime juice for dressing.
- Pour dressing over mixed fruit and stir.
- Add fruit to bowl with chopped kale.
- Seal with lid and shake to mix.
- Chill in Refrigerator.
- Serve and let guests sprinkle with coconut and almonds as they want.
Makes 3-4 servings
I offer this salad and dressing recipe free to those in need.
I enjoy getting comments and questions. Please leave yours below. – Shirley
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which, if clicked on and a purchase made, I receive a small commission (with no extra cost to you).